Saturday, April 29, 2017

Global Design Project #084

For the last few months I've been trying to take part in the Global Design Project challenges but I always run out of time so this week I made sure I set aside enough time to make my 1st card for the challenge. 

This weeks Global Design Project challenge is Case the Designer and as soon as I saw the beautiful card created by Michelle Last I knew what I would make.  If you haven't heard of Case the Designer CASE stands for Copy And Selectively Edit - you take what you like from the design and make your own version.


Michelle's card reminded me of an idea I had for a card back in February.  I wanted to make my Son a card using the Woodland embossing folder and have the motorbike, from One Wild Ride, look as though it was behind the trees.  I forgot about my original idea and made him a totally different card, I do that a lot.

This GDP challenge was the perfect opportunity for me to turn my idea into a finished project.  The card I created is different to my original idea but I love it and it's all thanks to Michelle's design.


I stamped the motorbike onto the embossing folder with Basic Black Archival ink and placed a 6" x 6" piece of Whisper White cardstock into the folder then ran it through the Big Shot.  I was going to colour the whole background but I liked Michelle's frame idea so I only coloured an area large enough for the frame.

For the grass I used the Old Olive watercolour pencil, Soft Sky ink for the sky and the trees were coloured with the Early Espresso watercolour pencil.  When colouring on normal Whisper White cardstock I prefer to use a blender pen.


The embossed panel was cut to 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" and adhered to a Thick Whisper White card base with multipurpose liquid glue.  The frame is popped up with Foam Adhesive Strips.

The sentiment was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and in each corner I stamped the 'screw head' from the Nailed It stamp set.  I wanted it to look like the sentiment had been attached to the trees with screws.

I'm so pleased I now have a finished project and I really like my card.

Monday is a Bank Holiday here in the UK, hopefully you will get to spend some of the long weekend crafting. Tonight I'm having a pizza and film night with my Daughter and for the rest of the weekend I NEED to tidy my craftroom but I know I'll find something I had forgotten about and I'll get distracted, I always do.  Do you do that too?

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

Product List

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy that you have managed to enter your first project with us, Dee. Your project is lovely and a wonderful take on Michelle's card. Thankyou for playing along with this weeks Global Design Project Challenge.

    ReplyDelete