Saturday, April 22, 2017

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge - Love Card


Thank you for joining us today for the Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge.  Today we have a brilliant sketch that was designed by the lovely Heidi Smith of flutterbyheidi.wordpress.com

There are lots of fantastic projects in todays blog hop so please continue the hop by clicking on the 'Next' or 'Previous' button at the bottom of this post.



I designed a card that used the Nailed It stamp set and Build It Framelits Dies for the sketch but because the dies are no longer available I designed another card.

A few weeks ago I bought the Letters For You Photopolymer bundle because the 'save 10%' bundle prices don't carryover to the new catalogue and the bundle had been on my wish list for about 10 months.   I thought the Large Letter Framelits Dies would be perfect for the 4 rectangles at the top of the sketch.  I looked through my stamp sets and decided to use cute animals for my Love themed card. 

In the Little Cuties stamp set there is an adorable puppy and kitten.  I haven't used this stamp set very much and as it is retiring I wanted to use it one last time.  To 'mirror stamp' the image I stamped it onto a piece of acetate, placed the acetate onto the card and rubbed the back of the acetate with my bone folder.  The hedgehogs are from the Hostess stamp set Love You Lots.  I wanted to use the watercolour pencils and a blender pen to colour the images so I stamped the images with Basic Black Archival Ink. 


I coloured the hedgehogs with the Early Espresso watercolour pencil and the kittens/puppies were coloured with the Basic Gray and Basic Black watercolour pencils and a blender pen.  The background was coloured in with a set of colouring pencils I was given for my birthday.


I die-cut the large letters in Real Red and Basic Black cardstock and used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere together, slightly offsetting the Basic Black letters.  The love hearts were punched with the Confetti Hearts border punch and adhered with the fine tip glue pen.  Stampin' Up! are retiring the Confetti Hearts border punch, which is great for shaker cards, so grab it before it's gone for good.

The 'Hugs & Kisses' sentiment is from the Sealed with Love stamp set, which is also on the retiring list.  I kept the fall-away pieces from the 'O' die-cuts and stamped the sentiment onto the Basic Black one using Whisper White Craft Ink and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.  I offset this onto the Real Red fall-away piece.

I am so pleased with the way todays card turned out, it is completely different to the sketch I had drawn.  I hope you like my card too.

Please continue the hop by clicking on the 'Next' or 'Previous' button below.  I can't wait to see how everyone interprets the sketch.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

Next

Previous

Products used

6 comments:

  1. Very cute Dee - I love the bold red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Dee.... always love your projects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card as always Dee! Thanks for joining in with our hop
    x

    ReplyDelete